Tony Sandeberg has volunteered to start off a new feature that I'd like to put on the site for everyone who wants it - A member profile, showing all those little facts that you never knew (or maybe wanted to know!) about the people you're flying with.
So here goes:
- NAME :Anthony Sandeberg
- LOCAL SITE : Stanwell
- GLIDER : Advance Omega 7
- YEARS FLYING : 16
- HOW DID YOU GET INTO PARAGLIDING… I was in Switzerland in1991 on business and saw for the first time paragliders flying down the huge mountains in Wengen.
- MOST MEMORABLE FLIGHT …Walked through an ice cave to Aiguille du Midi just below Mt Blanc 4200m, nil wind snow take off……will NEVER forget it absolutely sensational !
- THE SITE I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO FLY…The Jesus statue in Rio and Neuschwanstein castle in Munich Germany.
- I WISH I HAD NEVER FLOWN…That fateful day 8 July 2003 Piedrahita Spain when I hit the deck big time.
- MY FAVOURITE FLYING GADGET IS…My wingcam camera.
- I’M REALLY BAD AT…Handling Turbulence.
- IF I WASN’T FLYING I’D BE…Still working.
- I WISH I COULD…be a great XC pilot.
- I OFTEN WONDER…Why the BOM are so inconsistent.
- FAVOURITE MEAL AFTER A GREAT DAY FLYING… is a bowl of pho (Vietnamese soup).
- MY INSTRUCTOR ALWAYS TOLD ME…Stay focused.
- THE LAST TIME I FLEW … I saw a 1m black sting ray cruising over the white sand.
- IF I WAS A CAR I’D BE … A Citroen 2CV.
- IN THE FUTURE PARAGLIDING WILL …Replace cars.
- IN ONE WORD FLYING IS……. Likenothingelse.